The aim of the Scheme is to prepare students for work in the bricklaying trade.
It provides a progression route towards achieving an NVQ or Diploma/Technical Certificate.
The Scheme also enables the students to acquire and demonstrate both practical skills and construction knowledge giving:
• an ability to perform practical tasks, related to bricklaying• the necessary competence in practical, communication and task planning to industrial standards
Level 1: Developing basic Bricklaying Skills and employability skills, which is an important aspect to the success of the student. In order to implement this effectively it is important that the Scheme reflects current trends and current construction practices. It will therefore allow students to:
• develop a positive mindset that mirrors employment, attendance, punctuality and a good standard of behaviour
• develop their practical skills to industrial standards
• interpret information from a drawing and specification to construct a wall to industrial standards
• develop communication and leadership skills through learning sessions and tutorials
• the scheme will also enhance numeracy and literacy skills through lessons and Functional Skills
• tutor feedback and Q&A will encourage and develop reflective thinking developing employability skillsLevel 2: is taking these skills from a Basic Level to the next Level of ability to improve and mould those skills to a more professional standard.Level 3: is to take those skills to an Advanced Level, enabling students to progress to either HNC/HND or T Level in Design Surveying and Planning.
Excellent staff who are qualified to Industrial Standards, knowledge and experience of working within the Construction Industry and experience in teaching Brickwork in College to SkillBuild Competition standard.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- 16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees
- Those aged 19 or over may not need to pay fees depending on their circumstances. Find out if you qualify.
Progress to either HNC/HND or T Levels.
“I get to learn new skills that will help me get a job doing something I enjoy.”Alexei Johnson Level 2 Bricklaying, former student at Wingfield Academy
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024-25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.