We provide smaller study groups with training from industry professionals in industry settings. Students will have access to industry-standard facilities, including TV studio, radio studio, photography studio, a traditional photographic dark room and edit suites.
Trips will also take place during the course of study including film festivals, exhibitions, trade shows and creative based residentials.
- Digital Foundations
- Research Techniques
- Historical Context
Single Camera Techniques, Multi Camera Techniques, Film Studies
Processes and Approaches to Traditional Photography, Processes and Approaches to Digital Photography, Digital Image Manipulation
- Professional Practice
- Negotiated Practice
- Specialist Practice Investigation
Sound Design, Scriptwriting for Moving Image Advanced Production for Moving Image, Photographic Genres and Technologies, Introduction to the Artists Book Digital Story Telling.
- Freelance Practice
- Marketing and Branding for Lens- Based Practitioners
- Realisation and Development
- Planning and Developing an Exhibition
- A relevant Level 3 qualification
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above or equivalent
- You will also be expected to provide examples or a showreel/portfolio of work at interview
- If English is not a first language you must have an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all key skills or equivalent
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
Upon completion of this course you could go into employment as a Photographer, a TV or Film Producer/Director, a Photography or Moving Image Editor, a small business owner or Freelancer.
“The tutors are helpful and the class sizes are small which allows you to get extra support when needed.”Olaf Tadorowski Level 1 Media and Photography Former student at Saint Pius X Catholic High School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2023/24. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.