This two-year course is for those looking to become highly skilled engineers. You will develop knowledge of a range of practices including technical design, development and quality assurance, installation, commissioning and decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products plus much more. You will apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems and become skilled in communicating both technical and non-technical information.
You will study theoretical aspects of the subject and apply them to practical tasks. Compulsory topics include:
- Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Communications Skills
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Mechanical Principles
- Electronic Principles
- Manufacturing Planning
- Electrical Principles
- Further Mathematics
- Organisational Improvements
- Engineering Primary Forming
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs)
- Electrical Technology
- Further Electrical Principles
- Further Mechanical Principles
- Thermodynamic Principles
- Employability Skills
- Progress Tutorial Sessions
- Learn from industry-experienced and well qualified tutors who have spent many years in the Engineering sector, and have specialist qualifications and knowledge to bring to their teaching
- Participate in regular work placements to boost your skills
- Hear from a range of guest speakers from employers on the role of an Engineering
- Develop and enhance your Employability Skills
- Participate in regular enrichment activities to improve your knowledge skills and behaviours within the Engineering environment
English and Maths at Grade 4 or above.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next Step button at the top of this page. For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01709 362111.
- Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- HNC Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- HND Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees.Contact the Enquiries Team on on 01709 362111 for advice and guidance.
“The course challenges me to work harder and is helping me to pursue my dream of being an underwater welder.”Kyle Maguire Level 2 Fabrication and Welding, former student at Winterhill School
We make every effort to ensure information within our online course directory is accurate and a true representation of the courses we are offering in 2024 -25. However, we do reserve the right to make changes if necessary.