What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a route to climb your career ladder by working in a real job and receive training both on and off the job to give you the skills you need to succeed.
There are various levels, depending on your qualifications and work experience:Intermediate – Level 2 (new to the job)
Advanced – Level 3 (in a position of responsibility)
Higher – Level 4/5 (skilled/professional) – coming soon!
• You must be employed for 30 hours per week
Early Years Apprenticeship Business Administration Apprenticeship Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship
Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship Supporting Teaching Apprenticeship IT Apprenticeship
The Training – Apprenticeship Framework
The qualifications and training comprise both aspects of knowledge about the job and competence to perform the job well and to standard. The employer you work for will also train you.
You may need to attend college to receive your knowledge or this may take place in the workplace, depending upon the sector you choose.
Assessment can include; evidence building, observation, tests and assignments.
We use e-portfolio to collect your evidence, this saves so much time. The benefits include; uploading photos/videos easily, instant progress update, easy and quick communication, no paper/folders and 24/7 availability.
A vital part of the Apprenticeship to enable you to succeed are Maths, English and ICT*. This will be required for all frameworks if you do not already have GCSE/equivalent. This training may be available to you online, allowing you to do this in your own time.
*Dependent upon the sector you choose.
Benefits & Prospects
• A great opportunity to learn on the job, whilst earning a wage.
• Achieve accredited qualifications, recognised in industry.
• Hands on experience and responsibility at work helps you develop your skills quickly.
• Nationally 90% of apprentices stay in employment with 71% with the same employer (Evaluation of Apprenticeships for Learners, BIS and DFE, Dec 2014).
• NUS Apprentice extra provides discounts in-store and online including your favourite brands, helping your hard earned cash go a little futher. Check the NUS website for offers here.
• You must be 16 years minimum
• Living in England
• Not in full time education
• Each sector/level will have specific expected entry criteria but as a minimum for joining at Intermediate – Level 2 we expect you have x 3 GCSE *A-C.
The college works closely with employers to source opportunities; click here to see our latest vacancies.
Want to find out more, then call the college on 01709 513355 or email email@example.com.
Some of the employers we work with include:
Want to find out more?
Contact the Apprenticeship team on:
T: 01709 513147
Welding Apprenticeship Childcare Apprenticeship Customer Service Apprenticeship
Warehousing Apprenticeship Construction Apprenticeship Accounting Apprenticeship