Studying Business at Dearne Valley College...
You will be taught by a team of Tutors with a wealth of industry knowledge and experience. You will have the opportunity to work both independently on projects and as part of a team with your fellow students.
Our teaching rooms have a professional set up, and you can also access a wealth of resources such as business magazines, journals and books, in the College’s Learning Centre.
You will work closely with the teaching team, who endeavour to incorporate your own interests into the activities you undertake, thus ensuring that you have made the most of your time at college to gain a head start on your chosen career path.
Personalised Learning Programme
As part of your main programme you will have the opportunity to select units to specialise within an area that you may be passionate about or that reflects your career aspirations. The Personalised Learning Programme is unique to Dearne Valley College which allows you to gain a qualification tailored to you.
There are a number of pathways to choose from including:
• Human Resources
• Sales and Marketing
How you will be assessed
• Portfolio: You will create a portfolio or workbook of evidence such as practical work, presentations, case studies, video logs, business meetings and fact sheets
• Assignments: You will be given specific assignments or projects to complete
• Practical Work: Your Tutor will assess you completing practical work
• Some courses have end of unit tests.
As well as your chosen course, you may also have the opportunity to undertake a variety of additional qualifications throughout your time at Dearne Valley College which will boost your CV and career aspirations!
These additional qualifications include:
• AAT Award in Accounting Level 1
• AAT Award in Bookkeeping Level 1
• AAT Certificate in Bookkeeping Level 2
• AAT Award in Computerised Accounting Level 1 and Level 2
• Principles of Business Administration Level 2
Careers relating to your Business qualification:
• Business Administrator
• Office Manager
• Marketing Executive
• Events Manager
• Human Resources Officer
• Management Consultant
We offer the following Apprenticeships:
• Accounting Level 2
• Business Administration Level 2
• Business Administration Level 3
Find out more information and view live Apprenticeship vacancies by visiting the Apprenticeships section of this website.