Studying Automotive Technologies at Dearne Valley College...
Our investments in our Automotive Technologies workshops ensure that this purpose-built area is in-line with industry standards and operates as a high quality learning facility, whilst reflecting a real working environment.
Our automotive workshop, Pit63, opened its doors in 2013, and contains an abundance of industry-standard equipment provided by some of the world’s leading brands, including Car-O-Liner and Lincoln. The College also has a fully equipped car body shop which contains state-of-the-art equipment including automated car ramps and a dedicated workshop space.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
It’s imperative that all of our students adhere to Health and Safety regulations in our workshops, therefore PPE is required to be worn at all times during practical sessions. This varies per course, however it typically includes gloves, overalls, ear protection, eye protection and a dust mask.
You will be required to provide your own boots and overalls for hygiene purposes, however all other PPE equipment will be available in each workshop.
How you will be assessed
• Portfolio: You will create a portfolio or workshop record of evidence such as practical work, presentations and case studies
• Practical Work: Your Tutor will assess you completing practical work in the workshop or workplace
• All courses have end-of-unit phase tests to assess key areas of theory and some online exams
Careers in the Automotive Technologies Industry include:
• Automotive Engineer
• Motor Vehicle Technician
• Body Repair Technician
Automotive Technologies Apprenticeships
We offer the following Apprenticeships:
• Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2
• Vehicle Accident Repair Body Competence Level 2
Find out more information and view live Apprenticeship vacancies by visiting the Apprenticeships section of this website.