Recruit an Apprentice
‘77% of employers believe Apprenticeships make them more competitive’*
‘76% sat Apprenticeships provide higher overall productivity’*
‘88% believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce’*
Apprenticeships are work-based learning qualifications. They enable businesses to develop their own workforce by accessing recognised and relevant qualifications for their employees.
The benefits of employing an Apprentice
- Develop a workforce that are trained to your companies working practices.
- Develop a highly skilled workforce who work to standards that are specified by the relevant skills sector councils.
- Develop your business’s skill base and offers progression routes for your workforce.
- Reduce the recruitment cost of casual labour and reduce your staff turnover rate.
- Grow and develop your workforce.
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to social responsibility by investing in young people.
- Access support from a skilled and experienced Training Officer/Assessor.
An Apprenticeship consists of three elements (NVQ, Technical Certificate and Key Skills), all of which provide your employee with the underpinning skills and qualifications needed to excel in their job role.
NEW - Funding available for SMEs
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds (AGE 16 to 24)
The AGE 16 to 24 year olds is aimed at helping eligible employers to offer young people employment through the Apprenticeship programme, by providing wage grants to assist employers in recruiting their first apprentice.
The National Apprenticeship Service will provide up to 40,000 Apprenticeship grants to smallmedium sized employers recruiting 16 to 24 year olds with a value of £1,500 to encourage new employers to take on new apprentices.
The £1,500 is in addition to the training costs of the Apprenticeship framework which are met in full for young people aged 16 to 18 and 50% for those aged 19 to 24.
Click here to find out more...
Supporting your recruitment needs
The Dearne Valley College Business Development Team can support you to:
- Create a job description
- Advertise the vacancy FREE OF CHARGE on the National Apprenticeships website
- Short list the applications
- Provide an interview panel (if required)
DVC Business Development Team
T: 01709 513147